Sunday, October 5, 2008

About Time

I have (not) been so busy so I haven't taken the time to update my blog. My computer has a virus so it has not been excellent. I think I will do the good the bad and the ugly!!
The Good: I have three kids in school!!! It has been really fun to have two days a morning with only one child! I get to go the gas station and buy myself a drink without pulling out my hair!! It rained in St.George so I got to play in the rain with my kids! I got to listen to conference from the comfort of my own bed! I liked how President Monson talked about the laundry piling up and toys everywhere and he said it is ok! I doubt he meant it could be as messy as my house but I will pretend he did!!
The Bad: Ty got his first note sent home from the teacher. I was so proud, oh wait, I was ticked. I was so quiet in school that I don't know where he gets it from. It wasn't until college that I started talking, and now I don't shut up! Tate fell and smacked his face on our floor and he says that his dad smacked him! Tayla has been complaining of a headache, when I say show me where, she hold her throat. Tori looks like Boo on Monsters Inc. and loves to pull her hair bows out! And our water filter flooded my new kitchen floors again, my microwave died (over the stove $200 kind) and Jade got a ticket. He was speeding, texting and listening to his MP3 player!!
The Ugly: For starters, my hair, I need a freaking hair cut! My friend Megan started her third round of chemo on Wednesday. This one has been really hard on her. I am really suprised at the lack of help that has been coming from our ward. I am so glad that mentally stable enough to watch her girls and be nice!!! She had a PET Scan and the results showed that the cancer has stopped growing, her cancer is extremely aggressive so it is good news that it has not grown! I can't get my computer to work enough to put pictures on, but I will soon!

8 comments:

Kristin said...

Wow! And I thought my life was hard! I'm sorry to hear abour your friend, but glad to hear her cancer has stopped growing. Luckily with girls being the oldest, I haven't had to deal with any letters home from the teacher yet. Thank goodness. Hang in there! Your family is gorgeous!!!

Leavitt Family said...

That sounds like a whole bunch of fun but now that it all happend at once you should have the good coming right!!!! I always say bring it on when things are bad that way when they are good again life is soooo much better!!! Hang in there!!!!!

Sue said...

Remember life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain. You should call the r.s. pres and tell her she needs more help. We took meals to a women because her mother was in the hospital. (mother not in our ward) Took meals to her when her mother died. Then she asked for a special Sunday dinner for her extended family. True story. The ward should step up and help because it sounds like there is really a need. Tell Jade to slow down and take his mp3 and cell phone away until he can drive nice.
Hang in there, see it is getting better and easier until they become teenagers.......

Brynn said...

Hey, how can I help? I left meg something the other day, but since I'm not in the ward anymore, I don't know what to do. I can clean, tend kids, bring meals, etc. I'm free almost all day. Let me know. Are you still the compassionate service gal?

Goddard Family said...

hang in there Randi...at least it can't get any worse!

Lynnette said...

I was blog stalking, and came across your blog. I can't believe how big your kids are getting. I wish I was in St. George, I'd offer to come help Megan in a heartbeat. You are such a great friend and support to her!!

Lynnette said...

You're so sweet!! I miss St. George, but Salt Lake is a good change. And I love my job.

Tell Megan that if she is ever up here for treatments, I am right by the U, so I can swing by & pick the girls up if she needs it.

The Lamberts said...

Wow what a crazy life. For now anyways right. I haven't had a week like or a day like that in a long time. I think its because my boys are a older now so they don't do the crazy things they use to. Its a little easier now. I don't think your hair could ever look bad you have great hair.