Sunday, December 6, 2009

Quick Update

My dad took my mom to the hospital Thursday night because she was really sick. Long story short: She has Ischemic Bowel and colitis maybe they are the same thing, I am not sure. A part of the inside of her bowel started to die and it started sluffing off. Not sluffing as in what my dad did in school, but sluffing as in shedding. She has to stay in the hospital until she can eat solid foods, get her red blood cell count back up and keep her temperature down. Monday is the expected release date but until her red blood cells show that there is no more bleeding she stays. It is extremely painful and she hasn't had fun, but it could've been a lot worse so we are grateful for the small miracles!

5 comments:

Linda said...

Sorry to hear this! Hope all turns out well.

Goddard Family said...

so sorry....feel better soon Leann,,,,

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh. I am so sorry to hear. Tell her hello for me and I hope she feels better soon.

Kristin said...

Tell your mom she's in our prayers! I'm sorry to hear she's not feeling well. Hopefully she'll get better soon!!!

Leavitt Family said...

I hope she is alright!!! That sucks!!! I am sorry we never got with you while we were there!!! It is sooooo hard to fit everybody in!!! But I miss ya and hope we can meet up again soon!!!